We understand that circumstances may arise that prevent you from enrolling for the term specified on your offer of admission. In such cases, a deferral of admission may be warranted. Deferrals may be granted for one full academic year to students beginning their studies at Laurier for the first time.
Note: Deferrals are no longer being granted for fall 2018 admission. If you have not deferred your offer of admission and wish to attend Laurier in September 2018, you must reapply to fall 2018 using the appropriate 105 application through the Ontario Universities' Application Centre website.
Conditions of Deferment
- Deferrals will only be considered for applicants to undergraduate degree programs.
- All conditions on the original offer of admission must be satisfied before a deferral will be granted.
- The deferment is only available for one academic year and 101 applicants may not defer for any term other than fall.
- Entrance scholarships will be deferred.
- Applicants who enrol in academic courses at another postsecondary education institute during the period of deferment will void their offer of admission, and are then required to reapply to Laurier and disclose any new academic information.
- Applicants who return to a high school during their period of deferment must submit an updated transcript and may be reassessed for an updated scholarship.
- Deferrals are not available to applicants admitted to the Faculty of Music except by special permission from the dean.
- Deferrals are not available to applicants with offers to the LEAF program.
Deferral Process Checklist
- Confirm your offer of admission. Please see your official offer letter on LORIS for further details.
- Submit the Offer of Admission Deferral Request Form and submit the $60 non-refundable administrative fee by cheque only to the Recruitment and Admissions Office mailing address by the deadline indicated below. Please make cheques payable to Wilfrid Laurier University.
- Reconfirm your intent to enrol by submitting the Readmission Form: Deferred Applicants, that will be emailed to you, no later than the date indicated below.
- If you wish to live in residence beginning in a fall term, apply for residence and submit the non-refundable deposit by the June deadline of the academic year you wish to begin. For all other terms, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about space availability.
|Term of Entry||Deferral Request Form and Fee||Acceptance Form|
Recruitment and Admissions
Attn: Lori Lougheed
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West