Congratulations on your offer of admission to Laurier!
In order to meet the conditions on your offer of admission, you are required to submit proof of your English proficiency to the Recruitment and Admissions office by the date listed on your offer letter.
You must submit acceptable evidence of your English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- Submit an acceptable English proficiency test score to the mailing address below. For a list of accepted testing services and minimum scores required, see the Admissions Toolkit.
- If you have been studying in an English-language curriculum for three or more years, one of the following may satisfy your English proficiency condition:
- Send us a copy of your transcript indicating that you have been studying in an English-language curriculum for at least three years, this could also be a Credit Counselling Summary from your high school. These documents must be fully translated into English and sent to us in a sealed and stamped envelope, directly from the issuing institution.
- Ask your guidance counselor or a member of your school’s staff to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org from their work email address. In this email, they should confirm the number of years you have studied in an English-language curriculum and should include your name and Laurier ID number.
- Register for June term of the LEAF (Laurier English Academic Foundation) program by using the form below. You must register for LEAF no later than June 30. Before you can register for LEAF, you must first confirm your offer of admission through the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC). By submitting this form and registering for LEAF, you are providing us with your proof of LEAF registration. To learn more about LEAF, visit wlu.ca/leaf.
- Note: To be eligible to begin your academic studies in September, you must be enrolled in Level 5 of LEAF in June and successfully complete the June term of LEAF. To determine which level of LEAF you will start in, visit the LEAF website or contact email@example.com.
Additional Important Information
Review your official offer of admission carefully to ensure that you understand the conditions of your offer. If you are submitting a transcript or Credit Counselling Summary from your high school to meet your English proficiency condition, you must submit an official copy to the mailing address below. A document is official if it is sent to Laurier in a sealed and stamped envelope directly from the issuing institution. These documents must be fully translated into English. Untranslated or electronic copies of documents will not be accepted.
Recruitment and Admissions Office
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Avenue West
Register for LEAF
Complete the online registration form on the LEAF website.