Safety continues to be a major focus within Parking & Transportation Resources. Initiatives this year include the installation of a surveillance camera in the Parking & Information Kiosk, and a surveillance camera to monitor the entrance between the John Aird Building and the Dining Hall in Lot 10.
Emergency poles are located in numerous areas throughout campus. The telephones installed on these poles provide direct contact with the Special Constable Services office.
Special Constable Services
Special Constable Services at Wilfrid Laurier University is committed to providing a safe and secure environment for all members of the University community and visitors to the Laurier campus, as well as safeguard the property of the University.
For further information, please visit their website by clicking here.
To contact Special Constables Services, please call 885-3333 or 884-0710, ext. 3333.
Wilfrid Laurier University provides for the safety of its Parking & Transportation Resources employees through the installation of:
- a surveillance camera in the Parking & Information Kiosk. Monitored 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by Special Constable Services.
- an alarm system in the Parking & Transportation Resources Office. Monitored 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by Special Constable Services.
- personal transmitter devices worn by each individual in the Parking & Transportation Resources office during regular business hours. Monitored by Special Constable Services.
- a cellular telephone/pager carried by each patroller, providing constant contact with the Manager of Parking & Transportation Resources and Special Constable Services (especially in an emergency situation).
- a surveillance camera in the Parking & Transportation Resources Office. Monitored 24 hours/day, 7 days/week by Special Constable Services.