As defined in the Capital Priorities and Planning Process Policy, it is the responsibility of the Facilities and Space Management Committee to:
- review, approve and advance for implementation all construction, alteration, change in use of space and renovation projects valued from $50K up to $2M;
- ensure a space inventory is maintained and kept current; and
- periodically review University space to ensure it is being used efficiently.
The Facilities and Space Management Committee meets on a monthly basis, and ad hoc as appropriate, to review space requests.
To Initiate a Space and/or Renovations Request under $2M:
- Review Appendix F of the Capital Priorities and Planning Process Policy.
- Primary Contact Person to complete Sections A & B of the Space/Renovations Request Form.
- Submit the form to Bill Januszkiewicz, Senior Project Coordinator: Renovations & Construction at email@example.com x6311and request a preliminary Total Project Cost Estimate Form (TPC).
- Primary Contact Person then to complete Section C (based on the preliminary TPC), D and E (required) electronically, print off and re-sign Section B.
- If the department wishes to proceed, obtain the appropriate approval signature(s) in Section F
- Submit the original signed request, and any TPC or accompanying floor plan(s) to Gary Nower, AVP: Physical Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org .
To request a change of space/renovation with costs of $2M or greater, please see the Capital Priorities and Planning Process Policy and submit a Capital Project Proposal Form to the President's Group.
For additional information, please contact the Facilities and Space Management Committee:
- Gary Nower, Assistant Vice-President: Physical Resources / FSMC Co-Chair, at email@example.com or ext. 6210
- Christine Dale, Manager: Integrated Planning and Academic Resources / VP: Academic & Provost Office / FSMC Co-Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3727
- Ray Darling, Registrar, at email@example.com or ext. 6092
- Dan Dawson, Assistant Vice-President: Student Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3320
- Mark Dettweiler, Director: Planning, Design and Construction, at email@example.com or ext. 6310
- Anne Diegel, Executive Assistant to the Office of the Vice-President: Finance and Administration, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 2480
- Dr. Tamas Dobozy, Acting Dean, Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, at email@example.com or ext. 3324
- Marlene Ibrahim, Associate Registrar: Examinations & Scheduling / FSMC Resource, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 6359
- Mary C. Mason, Senior Administrative Assistant, Physical Resources / FSMC Support, at email@example.com or ext. 6312
- Johanna Romero, Coordinator: Space Administration/ FSMC Resource, at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 3467
- Robbin Williams, Financial Technician: Capital Projects / FSMC Resource, at email@example.com or ext. 4124