- Diallo, L., and Lafreniere, G., ‘Understanding the Needs of African Survivors of War, Torture and Organized Violence: Case Study of the Hamilton Project’, will be presented at the “Africa in the Age of Globalization: Conceptions and Misconceptions Conference’, International Conference, Laurier Brantford, October 28th
- Conference on “Globalization, Immigration and Social Movements”, University Gaston Berger, Saint-Louis, Senegal, May 2007
“Decentralized Cooperation and Globalization in Africa: Implications for Communications Between Rural Areas”, Paper presented to the International Exchanges Conference organized by the Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM), January 23rd, 2002.
- “Strategies in Community Development: Practical Tools for Social Workers”. Paper presented at the annual conference of the Centre for Health Promotion of the University of Toronto, June 1999.
- “Administration of a Community Project financed by the State”. Paper presented at the Association of Schools of Social Work Congress, Ottawa University, June 1998
- “Health Programs Within a Primary Prevention Community Project”. Paper presented at the “Healthy Places, Healthy People” conference, Sudbury, Ontario, May 1995.
- « Implication dans la promotion et le développement coopératif en Ontario français: ambiguïtés et défis ». Paper presented at the 60th annual congress of ACFAS, (French Learneds), Montreal, Quebec, May 1992.
- ‘Leadership and Governance and the Rebuilding of Haiti after the Earthquake’, Panel discussions, School of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University. March 30th, 2010, SIRG Discussion Series, Faculty of Social Work
- ‘University and Community Collaboration: Practical Experiences’, Panel Discussion organized by Social Innovation Research Group, School of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University.
- ‘Leadership et Gouvernance en periode pre-electorale au Senegal’, Public presentation, University Gaston Berger Senegal
- ‘Leadership and Governance in Africa: Challenges for the 21st Century’, School of Business, Wilfrid Laurier University
- Keynote speaker for the Celebration of Independence of Liberia, Kitchener, August 2007 (Liberian Association). “Successful Integration for Africans of the Diaspora: Challenges and Opportunities”
- Workshop presenter: “Dealing with Family Violence in the African Community” – human resource development for the Hamilton – Welland Community Health Center.
- Guest Speaker for the Hamilton
Welland Community Health Center. Black History Month Celebration, “Challenges and Successes of New
Immigrants in Canada”, February 15th, 2005.
University, Environmental Studies “Decentralized Cooperation, New Challenges
for Cities”, January 22nd, 2005.
- Keynote speaker, « La question de la migration et de l'intégration des nouveaux immigrants en Ontario », Conference: Black Coalition and Le Centre de santé communautaire de Hamilton, Hamilton, February 2005.
- “Where North Meets South: Organizational Leadership in West Africa”, conference speaker for the Black History Month Series, Faculty of Social Work, Wilfrid Laurier University, February 10th, 2004
- “Sociologists as Community Practitioners: Bridging Theory Into Practice”, conference speaker for the Annual Community Development Forum, Wilfrid Laurier School of Social Work, October 8th, 2002, Waterloo, Ontario
- “Urban Development and Integration of Francophone Immigrants in Quebec: From Global to Local Challenges”, conference speaker for the annual Social Work Forum (Université du Québec à Montréal), March 20th, 2002, Montréal, Québec.
- Impact of
Culture on International Business Initiatives. Comparative Case Study: France, Quebec
and Senegal, Sociology Department/UQAM,
- Globalization, Business Culture and Regional Models: A Socio-Economic Analysis, Sociology Department/UQAM, Montreal
- Globalization and Culture: Impasse or Renaissance for Africa?Sociology Department/UQAM, Montreal
- Emergence of Decentralized Cooperation Within International Relations: case Studies for Montreal (Quebec) and Toronto, Sociology Department/UQAM