P. Gregory Irving
Click on link to view the abstract. Full text available where indicated .
Adobe Acrobat Reader required to view PDF files.
- Irving, P.G., & Goldstein, S.R. (1990). Effect of home field advantage on peak performance of baseball pitchers. Journal of Sport Behavior, 13, 18-24.
- Irving, P.G. (1993). On the use of personality measures in personnel selection. Canadian Psychology, 34, 208-214.
- Irving, P.G., & Meyer, J.P. (1994). Re-examination of the met expectations hypothesis: A longitudinal analysis. Journal of Applied Psychology, 79, 937-939.
- Irving, L.E., & Irving, P.G. (1994). Shyness and anxiety in elementary school children. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 10, 162-166.
- Irving, P.G., & Meyer, J.P. (1995). On using direct measures of met expectations: A methodological note. Journal of Management, 21, 1159-1175.
- Irving, P.G., & Meyer, J.P. (1997). A multidimensional scaling analysis of managerial third-party conflict intervention strategies. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 29, 7-18.
- Meyer, J.P., Irving, P.G., & Gemmell, J.M. (1997). Evaluating the management of interpersonal conflict in organizations: A factor-analytic study of outcome criteria. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 14, 1-13.
- Coleman, D.F., & Irving, P.G. (1997). The influence of source credibility attributions on expectancy theory predictions of organizational choice. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 29, 122-131.
- Irving, P.G., Coleman, D.F., & Cooper, C.L. (1997). Further assessments of a three-component model of occupational commitment: Generalizability and differences across occupations. Journal of Applied Psychology, 82, 444-452.
- Meyer, J.P., Irving, P.G., & Allen, N.J. (1998). Examination of the combined effects of work values and early work experiences on organizational commitment. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 19, 29-52.
- Bobocel, D.R., Agar, S.E., Meyer, J.P., & Irving, P.G. (1998). Managerial accounts and fairness perceptions in third-party conflict resolution: Differentiating the effects of shifting responsibility and providing a justification. Basic and Applied Social Psychology, 20, 133-143.
- Irving, P.G., & Meyer, J.P. (1999). On using residual and difference scores in the measurement of congruence: The case of met expectations research. Personnel Psychology, 52, 85-95.
- Coleman, D.F., Irving, P.G., & Cooper, C.L. (1999). Another look at the locus of control-organizational commitment relationship: It depends on the form of commitment. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 20, 995-1001.
- Gellatly, I.R., & Irving, P.G. (2001). Personality, autonomy, and contextual performance of managers. Human Performance, 14, 229-243.
- Irving, P.G., & Coleman, D.F. (2003). The moderating role of different forms of organizational commitment in role ambiguity-job tension relations. Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences, 20, 97-106.
- Bansal, H.S., Irving, P.G., & Taylor, S.F. (2004). A three-component model of customer commitment to service providers. Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, 32, 234-250.
- Sharma, P., & Irving, P.G. (2005). Four bases of family business successor commitment: Antecedents and consequences. Entrepreneurship Theory and Practice, 29, 13-33.
- Irving, P.G., Coleman, D.F., & Bobocel, D.R. (2005). The moderating effect of negative affectivity in the procedural justice-job satisfaction relations. Canadian Journal of Behavioural Science, 37, 20-32.
- Montes, S.D., & Irving, P.G. (2008). Disentangling the effects of promised and delivered inducements: Relational and transactional contract elements and the mediating role of trust. Journal of Applied Psychology, 93, 1367-1381.
- Gellatly, I.R., Hunter, K.H., Currie, L.G., & Irving, P.G. (2009). HRM practices and organizational commitment profiles. International Journal of Human Resource Management, 20, 869-884.
- Irving, P.G., & Montes, S.D. (2009). Met expectations: The effects of expected and delivered inducements on employee satisfaction. Journal of Occupational and Organizational Psychology, 82, 431-451.
Updated May 14, 2009