The hiring process
- Available year-round; students can begin work in January, May or September.
- Most participants complete two years of study before their first work term.
- Most work terms last four months, although some students are available from May through December.
How to hire Laurier Co-op students
- We make it easy to recruit and employ eager, qualified Laurier Co-op students.
- You may send a job description by email to Lauriercoop@wlu.ca, complete the job posting form on the co-op website at /co-op or call (519) 884-0710, extension 4484 for instructions on posting your position online.
- We will send you instructions on viewing applications and grades online.
- You choose interview dates, and we arrange interviews with the candidates you have selected.
- Most interviews are held on campus, and we provide lunch.
- During the primary recruiting period, employers and students rank each other online, and during the continuous employment period we make job offers directly to students.
Tax credit for co-op employers in Ontario
Businesses that hire Laurier Co-op students may be eligible to receive a tax credit. The Ontario government’s Co-operative Education Tax Credit will reimburse a business for 25 to 30 percent of eligible costs, up to $3,000 per co-op student. You will find links to detailed information about the tax credit on the Laurier Co-op website at /co-op. (Please note that all programs except Arts Co-op and Science Co-op are eligible for the tax credit.)
The Canadian Revenue Agency administers the tax credit on behalf of the Ontario Ministry of Revenue. For general tax enquiries regarding this tax credit, taxpayers may telephone Canada Revenue Agency at 1 800 959-5525.
| WORK TERM
|| BEGIN INTERVIEWS
|| MATCH RESULTS
May to August
|| early January
May to August
all other posiitions*
| late January
|| early February
|| late February
September to December
|| early June
January to April
|| early October
|| late October
We continue to accept job postings until all students have found employment
* Arts Co-op and Science Co-op students are available only during the May to August work term.