Business and Computer Science (University of Waterloo)
Business at Laurier & Computer Science at the University of Waterloo
This double degree program is offered jointly by the Cheriton School of Computer Science at the University of Waterloo and the School of Business & Economics at Laurier. This is a unique program that offers two highly respected degrees from two outstanding institutions.
Graduates of this program will meet the demands of today’s information-rich society for personnel with both computer science and business management knowledge. Many of the world’s leading high-tech companies trace their roots to UW, including Waterloo Maple, iAnywhere Solutions, OpenText, Dalsa, Certicom, Intelligent Mechatronic Systems and Research in Motion.
- The Laurier School of Business and Economics is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International) for both the Honours Bachelor of Business Administration (HBBA) and Masters in Business Administration (MBA) programs. Laurier is one of just 15 Canadian schools to receive the prestigious AACSB accreditation.
- Laurier offers the largest business co-op program in the country.
- Intro to Business Organization
- Functional Areas of the Organization
- Intro to Microeconomics
- Intro to Macroeconomics;
- Calculus for Business & Economics Students
- New Venture Creation
- E-Business Marketing
- Business Law
- Entrepreneurial Finance High-Tech Marketing
Computer Science courses (UW)
- Introduction to Optimization
- Data Structures and Data Management
- Logic and Computation
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Computer Organization and Design
|4U Requirements||IB Requirements||Admission Range|
English at 75%; Advanced Functions and Calculus & Vectors each at 85%
Note: Prerequisite courses will be included in admission average
HL or SL English at 4;
HL Mathematics at 5
IB Minimum score: 35