Conference Paper Requirements
Dear Paper presenters.
Thank you for planning to attend the NeXt conference on Tourism Entrepreneurship
If possible, please could you adhere to the following guidelines that are consistent with the Journal of Tourism and Hospitality Planning and Development. Please indicate on the paper if you would like your paper to be considered for double blind review for this special issue. Click here for details on this publication.
· Papers should be no more than 6000 words in length (journal articles in this journal are normally between 4000- 6000 words)
· Times New Roman, Font Size 12, double spaced
· Front page to include: Paper title; name / affiliation / contact details of author(s) phone, fax and email ; abstract; key words.
· Tables and captions to illustrations. Tables must be typed on separate sheets and not included as part of the text. The captions to illustrations should be gathered together and also typed out on a separate sheet. Tables and figures should be numbered by Arabic numerals. The approximate position of tables and figures should be indicated in the manuscript. Captions should include keys to symbols.
· Figures. Artwork must be submitted in suitable condition for publication.
· References. These should be indicated in the typescript by giving the author's name and the year of publication, as follows: Smith (1996) or (Smith, 1996). If several papers by the same author and from the same year are cited, a,b,c, etc., should be put after the year of publication. The references should be listed in full at the end of the paper in the following standard form:
· For Books: Mowforth, M. and Munt, I. (1998) Tourism and Sustainability: New Tourism in the Third World (London and New York: Routledge).
· For Articles: Telfer, D. J. and Wall, G. (2000) Strengthening Backward Economic Linkages: Local Food Purchasing by Three Indonesian Hotels, Tourism Geographies 2(4), pp. 421-47.
· For chapters within books: Schülter, R. G. (1994) Tourism Development: a Latin American perspective. In W. F. Theobald (Ed.) Global Tourism: The Next Decade, pp. 246-66 ( Oxford: Butterworth-Heinemann).
· For Internet Citations: Use the same style as for above sources but include the date downloaded and the full URL.
· Titles of journals should not be abbreviated.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any queries.
Please indicate on your paper if you would like it to be considered for review for the special issue of the journal or possibly for an edited book chapter
Many thanks for supporting this Conference, and we look forward to welcoming you to Waterloo in April next year. Barbara Carmichael, Professor, Wilfrid Laurier University and Alison Morrison, University of Surrey.
Carmichael, PhD ,Professor and Director of the NeXt Research Centre ,
Laurier School of Business & Economics