Call for Papers
The NeXt Research Centre (Centre for the Study of Entrepreneurship
and the exploitation of Technology) at Wilfrid Laurier University
School of Business and Economics is pleased to announce that a
conference on Tourism Entrepreneurship will take place in Waterloo
Monday and Tuesday April 26th and 27th 2010
A special issue of the Journal of Tourism Hospitality Planning and Development is planned for selected papers from this conference after they have successfully undergone a double blind peer review process. This special issue will be edited by Dr. Barbara Carmichael, Wilfrid Laurier University and Dr. Alison Morrison, University of Surrey, UK.
For details on this publication see the official website: http://www.tandf.co.uk/journals/titles/1479053X.asp An edited academic book is also being considered as a follow up publication from this conference.
invite you to submit an abstract of approximately 5 pages to indicate
your interest in attending this conference. Some funding support may be
made available for delegates to help with expenses.
Abstracts submitted by November 30 - *** CALL FOR PAPERS DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO JAN.14, 2010 ***
Abstracts accepted by January 31
Registration opens January 31
Full conference papers and confirmed attendance due by April 1
Full papers submitted for review for the Special issue due by May 15
Tourism Entrepreneurship- Conceptual issues, processes and dynamics
Entrepreneurship in tourism has a widening research agenda which is still partial and somewhat fragmented. The aim of this conference is to bring together researchers in tourism entrepreneurship to create a discussion on key issues that affect the development of entrepreneurial cultures, commercialization of tourism products and the increasing importance of business networks. Research on all aspects of tourism entrepreneurship is welcome both for the conference and for the special issue. Themes may include but are not limited to:
Conceptual and Methodological issues in researching Tourism Entrepreneurship
- Definitions and conceptual frameworks
on the lenses through which entrepreneurship is examined and knowledge
is created Globalization and tourism entrepreneurship
- what has led to the growing importance of transnational entrepreneurship and amenity migration?
- how are retailers and suppliers of the travel product responding to globalization?
Innovation and Tourism Entrepreneurship
- what role does creativity and innovation play in tourism entrepreneurship?
- how do advances in IT and e-business affect tourism entrepreneurship?
- how do creative ideas spread?
- what facilitates the commercialization of new ideas in tourism?
- why is lifestyle entrepreneurship in tourism an emerging trend?
- what are the managerial styles and motivations of tourism entrepreneurs?
Tourism Entrepreneurial Networks and Destination Areas
- what role do tourism entrepreneurs play in destination development
- how and why do social and industry networks form, grow, decline?
Resources and Tourism Entrepreneurship
- how does setting influence the success and development of tourism entrepreneurs?
- what are the main challenges facing rural tourism entrepreneurs or urban entrepreneurs?
Please submit abstracts by email to Dr Barbara Carmichael, Professor, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, Director Next Research Centre, Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo, Ontario, N2L3C5 email: email@example.com , phone 519 884 1970 ext 2609, fax 519 725 1342