ITS currently supports two methods of receiving email to your Blackberry through GroupWise.
The first is to create a rule that fowards the messages to your Blackberry address.
The second method is to sync your inbox, calendar and task with GroupWise through the university's Blackberry Enterprise Server.
Carl Langford, x3482
Marc Crombeen, x3672
Stefanie MacKinnon, x3360
Routing GroupWise e-mail to your Blackberry may take place through one of the following two methods:
1. Create a rule in GroupWise to forward messages to your Blackberry address, or
2. Synchronize your inbox, calendar and tasks with GroupWise through the university's Blackberry Enterprise Server (BES).
If you wish to synchronize to BES:
1. Set up a Blackberry Enterprise data plan with your cellular provider. (Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc.)
2. Complete the “Blackberry Enterprise Server Application” online application. An administration fee of $100 will be charged to your department upon receipt of your application.
Once your application is processed, you will receive an e-mail in your GroupWise mailbox containing an activation password. You will have up to 48 hours to activate your account.
Blackberry Activation Instructions:
1. Utilizing your Blackberry, select OPTIONS from the main menu.
2. Select ADVANCED OPTIONS.
3. Select ENTERPRISE ACTIVATION.
4. Enter your e-mail address and activation password where indicated.
5. If your Blackberry requires the server name and IP address, please contact Marc