Ontario Trillium Scholarships
Each OTS is valued at $40,000 annually and is renewable for an additional three years.
Wilfrid Laurier University awards two Ontario Trillium Scholarships each year to outstanding qualified international applicants.
Eligible doctoral applicants who wish to apply for the OTS must:
- Complete an application for admission and assemble their admission application package;
- Complete an online OTS application;
- Submit an online OTS application and submit a completed application for admission package to graduate studies at Laurier to their intended graduate program at Laurier, no later than February 2, 2014.
Laurier's online applicaiton opens October 1, 2014, and closes on February 2, 2015, at 4:230 pm.
Eligible graduate students can complete an submit an OTS applicaiton online at: (active link to come)
- recipients must be international students who hold a valid Canadian study permit (should an OTS recipient obtain permanent residency status, s/he will continue to be eligible for the OTS for the balance of his/her renewable OTS for a total of four years);
- recipients must be intending to pursue full-time graduate studies at the doctoral level in a degree granting program;
- recipients must have achieved a first-class average in each of the two years of full-time study prior to being awarded the OTS;
- recipients must not be currently studying at an Ontario postsecondary institution at the undergraduate or graduate level;
- recipients must not have concurrently accepted a scholarship from NSERC (ie. IPS) or OGS and must not concurrently be receiving significant external sponsorships (ie. in excess of $10,000)
- recipients who withdraw, transfer to part-time status or fail to complete the term without prior consultation with the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Office may be required to repay the award.
Information to come.
The Graduate Awards Committee will review applications for the Ontario Trillium Scholarship and communicate its recommendations to the Dean of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies. Notification of results will be communicated the week of March 16th, 2015.
Questions? Contact Cherie Mongeon, Graduate Financial Aid and Awards Officer, in the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.