First Year Mentoring - Got It! Program
GOT IT! is a program designed to help first year students on the road to academic success.
Our first year class has been divided into 3 groups and will be regularly contacted by one of three Mentors: Dr. Mercedes Rowinsky, Associate Dean: Student Affairs, Cherie Mongeon, Academic Advisor or Julie Pong, Academic Advisor.
The purpose of this program is to connect with our first years within the first few weeks of class to ensure that they are aware of the abundance of resources available to them. During our first GOT IT! session students were introduced to their Mentor and given a 'Passport'. The Passport outlines the many resources available to students and their location on campus. If students actively use the resources they can receive a stamp on their passport. In December students may submit their Passport to the Dean of Arts Office, 5th floor of the Dr. Alvin Woods Building, for a chance to win an iPad. Students must receive at least 3 stamps to be eligible.
For more information about the GOT IT! program please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish our first year class success in their fall term and are thrilled to be working with them!
Mercedes, Cherie and Julie
- to help students succeed in their first term at Laurier
- to explain the importance of using the many resources available to students
- to raise awareness of academic regulations
- to enhance the first year experience
- to foster links between students and the Faculty of Arts
- to make sure that students feel supported and engaged
Workshop Registration Dates