FOR YOUR SUCCESS...
- Retain a copy of ALL assignments you submit
- It is your responsibility to ensure that assignments are submitted and received
- ALL assignments MUST be submitted to the Centre for Online Learning, unless otherwise stated by your instructor
- Assignment due dates and times are determined by your instructor. Please check your course schedule for applicable due dates.
- For your convenience, an after hours drop box is located at the back of 202 Regina (big, purple box labelled "DISTANCE ED" beside the automatic door)
- The appropriate COVER SHEET must be stapled to the front of every assignment, with your NAME, ID, COURSE, ASSIGNMENT NUMBER, and the NUMBER OF PAGES
- Do NOT place assignments in duotangs, binders, etc. They will NOT be returned to you.
- Once graded, assignments are returned to you by mail, or grades may be posted online in MyLearningSpace
ONLINE LEARNING ASSIGNMENT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Assignments will NOT be accepted by fax.
Unless otherwise stated in your course (in MyLearningSpace), the following guidelines apply:
- Assignments may be dropped off at the Centre for Online Learning (open 9:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday) -- Please place your assignment in the ASSIGNMENT SLOT located between the two Distance Education wickets
- Assignments must have a COVER SHEET attached
- Assignments may also be dropped in the 24 hour drop box located at the back of 202 Regina (big, purple box labelled "DISTANCE ED" beside the automatic door) This box is emptied at 8 a.m. every morning, Monday to Friday
- Please note: Assignments received in the drop-box after 4:15pm on Friday will be date stamped for the following Monday.
Email Address for Online Learning Assignments: email@example.com
- Assignments MUST be submitted to the above address as an ATTACHMENT in Word or WordPerfect format, or PDF.
- Send your document as one file (no multiple attachments)
- ONLY Online Learning assignments are accepted at the above email address; please send questions or general inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
SENDING YOUR ASSIGNMENT AS AN ATTACHMENT
- Please include your course code and assignment number in the subject line of your email
- Your name, WLU ID number, course name and assignment number MUST be included at the beginning of your assignment or on a separate cover sheet
- Information in the body of the email will NOT be read
- Once your assignment is received by the Centre for Online Learning, an automatic confirmation will be sent within one business day (excluding weekends)
- IF there is a problem in processing your assignment, you will be notified by email, with an explanation of the problem within 1 business day
- Please be advised, if you are using Hotmail, or another email system in which you can set your security level, you may not receive the automatic confirmation - please check your trash, or junk mail box. We advise that you use your Laurier email account for submission of assignments to avoid potential problems.
- Use a standard font (e.g. Arial, Times New Roman, Courier) and one inch margins on all documents
- Assignments MUST be postmarked by the date your assignment is due unless otherwise instructed by your professor
- Assignments must have a COVER PAGE
- Please mail your assignment to:
Centre for Online Learning
Wilfrid Laurier University
75 University Ave. W.
Waterloo, ON N2L 3C5
We recommend using a traceable mail format if you have concerns about your assignment reaching the Centre for Online Learning.