Proctor Information for Writing Outside of a Designated Exam Centre (Other)
If you choose "OTHER" for your exam centre, you must make arrangements for your own proctor. If you choose "OTHER" and require special accommodations, please contact the
Accessible Learning Centre.
You must submit your Midterm Proctor Form by the following dates:
Spring/Instersession/Summer: Submit by May 6 2014
IMPORTANT: The Midterm Proctor Form is not valid for Final Examinations.
You must submit a Final Examinations Proctor Form to the Final Examinations Office. A proctor form must be completed each term even if you are using the same proctor.
Midterm proctors must be one of the following:
• Faculty of a university or College
• Principal of a secondary or primary school
• University examination officer
• Embassy or Consulate
For a list of available post-secondary institutions offering invigilation/proctoring services refer to the following directories:
Responsibilities of the Student:
• Pay any fees charged by the proctor
• Pay any shipping costs to send the exam back to the Centre for Online Learning
• Write the midterm exam using the appointed proctor, on the scheduled date
• Return this form and the proctor's proof of employment letter (if required - contact Online Learning for further information) by the deadline to the Centre for Online Learning
Responsibilities of the Proctor:
• If required, submit a letter from your department chair, dean, principal, or Human Resource department as proof of employment (without this, the exam will not be sent)
• Invigilate the exam on university, college, or school property on the scheduled date
While we strive to ensure that this information is accurate, always confirm proctor fees and dates when making arrangements with the institution as this information is subject to change.