Online writing resources
Here you will find a wide range of writing resources grouped together conceptually in order to provide you with quick access to information on all aspects of academic writing. The links take you to writing handouts from Laurier Writing Centre and connect you to important writing websites.
Here are some excellent resources to explore:
Norton/Write, an online handbook on all aspects of the writing and research process.
Instructors and TAs are encouraged to check out our list of recommended writing resources as well as our writing support for faculty and writing support for graduate students pages.
If you are having difficulty viewing any links, try using Firefox as your browser; some difficulties have been encountered with Safari.
- Introduction to academic writing
- Critical reading and critical thinking
- The writing process / Parts of the essay
- Thesis statements
- Argument and the research paper
- Specific assignment types
- Avoiding plagiarism / Understanding citation
- Citation / Documentation
- Paragraph writing
- Sentence construction
- Grammar and style
- Resources for graduate students
- Current writing research