Terms of Reference
The FSW Development Committee shall consist of a representative from WLU Development, the Dean of the Faculty of Social Work, three faculty members, a CAS representative, a staff member, a field instructor, an alumni representative, a community representative as well as two MSW students and one PhD student.
Chair or Co-Chairs:
The Chair or Co-Chair will be elected by the members at the first meeting of the academic year. The Chair or Co-Chairs shall facilitate the meetings, develop and post the agenda, and set meeting times and locations by agreement where possible with committee members. The Chair or Co-Chairs shall jointly report to Divisional Council.
Secretary: The Secretary will record the proceedings of the Committee and will carefully preserve all documents and materials related to the Committee. The Secretary will transmit a copy of the minutes to all members, including the core members and all interested parties of the general membership (usually via e-mail).
Meetings: The Development Committee shall meet at least 6 times in every academic year.
1. To facilitate fundraising which enhances programs at the Faculty of Social Work in a manner consistent with the values of the Faculty of Social Work;
2. To develop fundraising policies and procedures within the Faculty of Social Work with adequate consultation with stakeholders including WLU Development and Alumni Relations for approval by Divisional Council;
3. To promote effective working relations with WLU Development and Alumni Relations;
4. To develop funding priorities annually for the Faculty of Social Work which are approved by Divisional Council;
5. To identify and consult with the WLU Development and Alumni Relations about prospective donors; and
6. To promote donations to Faculty fundraising activities