Intensive Studies in Voice Performance 2015
The Intensive Studies in Voice Performance is a unique non-academic (not for credit) workshop for undergraduate and graduate-level singers who wish to pursue vocal studies beyond the fall and winter terms offered by most universities. The concentration of studies in these eight weeks is comparable to a term of study and results in significant, often accelerated vocal progress, and a well-learned body of repertoire, some of which is performed in recital during the workshop.
Intensive Studies in Voice Performance at Laurier gives the participant the luxury of:
- one-on-one training to the equivalent of an additional semester each year
- training which is individualized to the needs and interests of each participant
- training that assists students in meeting technical and artistic goals appropriate to their stage of development as singers
This unique program is structured in:
- eight uninterrupted weeks of concentrated study with emphasis on voice technique and repertoire
- two-and-one-half hours per week of individual instruction consisting of:
- one hour per week with the designated voice pedagogue
- one hour per week with the assigned coach
- one half hour per week of performance in masterclass
- ensemble work will also receive some emphasis within this framework.
Recitals will allow further opportunity for performance and the development of the vital
relationship between soloist and accompanist.
Start/End Dates: May 4th - June 26th, 2015
Location: John Aird Centre, Faculty of Music, Wilfrid Laurier University (Waterloo campus)
Fee: $1,875 ($1,825 + $50 non refundable registration fee) **subject to change**
For more information on summer accommodation at Laurier, please contact Hotel Laurier.
About the 2015 Instructors
Elvera Froese (Coach/Accompanist)
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made to Elvera Froese by e-mail email@example.com
- a full tuition refund, less a $50 registration fee, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received prior to the start of workshop
- after the start of the workshop, refunds will be handled on a case by case basis
Please note that no refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your course.
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, students will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
|Mar 12/14||Intensive Studies in Voice Performance Application||Form|