1. A completed four-year honours undergraduate degree in music therapy, with a minimum of a B (73-76 percent) standing in the final academic year.
2. Evidence of advanced clinical experience. For applicants who are not Music Therapist Accredited (MTA), a copy of their CAMT evaluation form demonstrating successful completion of the 1000 hours internship.
3. Evidence of advanced musical qualifications, including ability to perform at a minimum Grade 10 Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) and improvise on their major instrument.
4. Piano competency abilities at a minimum Grade 6 RCM level (for applicants whose major instrument is not piano).
5. Successful completion of three (3) psychology courses: Introduction to Psychology, one (1) Developmental psychology course and Abnormal Psychology
considered for admission on the basis of the complete application package will
be contacted by February 20, 2014 to establish a date and time for an individual
audition and interview. The audition and interview takes place on-campus or via
SKYPE (for international and out of province students).
For further questions contact Dr. Carolyn Arnason, Master of Music Therapy Coordinator and Graduate Officer.