Funding and Scholarships
the Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Funding and Awards site for more
- Graduate Teaching Assistantships: A Graduate Teaching Assistant provides teaching assistance to music therapy and music faculty.
- Research Assistantships (only available if funded by a music therapy faculty research grant)
Internal (Laurier) Funding and Awards
- Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies Scholarship: This scholarship is awarded on a competitive basis to full-time entering or continuing graduate students who achieve high academic standing in their program.
- Deanís Scholarship: Awarded to students entering graduate studies who are successful in external scholarship competitions, e.g., Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC).
- Travel Support for Conference Presentation: Financial support for students to engage in scholarly activity by presenting at music therapy conferences.
- Bursaries and Assistance based on Financial Need: Laurier's bursary program is for students who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
- Endowed and Annual Awards: The Office of Student Awards manages award competitions for various internal and endowed awards. Consult the Student Awards website, http://www.wlu.ca/studentawards
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS): OGS awards are merit-based scholarships available to graduate students in all disciplines of academic study. An OGS is valued at a maximum of $15,000 annually ($5,000 per term).
- Ontario Women's Health Scholars Awards: See the website for the Ontario Council on Graduate Studies for full details.
- Canada Graduate Scholarship-Master's: Social Sciences and Humanities Council of Canada (SSHRC), Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR). The objective of the CGS M Program is to help develop research skills by supporting students who demonstrate a high standard of achievement in undergraduate and early graduate studies.