Professional Development introduces Addictions Certificate
The Professional Development office has introduced an Addictions certificate designed for anyone wanting to build on their knowledge and skills in the field of addictions. Two required workshops provide a solid foundation of knowledge about substance use, abuse and addiction. A variety of electives allow you to create a program of study that fits with your career path and interests. A total of 84 in-class hours are required to complete the certificate.
- Fundamentals of Addiction
- Motivational Interviewing in Addiction Treatment
- Counselling Techniques in Addiction Practice
- Concurrent Disorders
- Introduction to Relapse Prevention
- Behaviour Addictions: Gambling, Gaming and Internet Overuse
- Indigenous Peoples and Addiction
- Group Counselling in Addiction
- Addiction and the Family
- Trauma and Addiction
All courses are approved as continuing education recertification units by the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation.
To register for any of the courses in this certificate, or for more information, visit our website at www.wlu.ca/fswpd or contact Mike Voisin at email@example.com or 519-884-0710