Graduate Honour Award nominations
As part of our opening celebration of Social Work Week we will be presenting the Graduate Honour Award to a Faculty of Social Work (FSW) graduate for their commitment and dedication to the field of social work.
We are currently looking for candidates for this year's award. We would encourage nominations of graduates from any geographical location. For more information about this award, or if you would like to nominate someone, please forward her/his name and supporting information to Lynne Jordan at: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, February 21, 2013.
- The nominee is a graduate of the Faculty of Social Work MSW or PhD program.
- The nominee has contributed to the field of social work in one or more of the following ways:
- innovation in program or policy development
- excellence in practice
- involvement in his or her community through advocacy or volunteer work
- involvement in the Faculty of Social Work through supervision of MSW students in the field or other teaching roles
- involvement in professional associations such as OASW or the OCSWSSW
- provision of leadership by holding administrative positions in social service agencies
This award honours not only the work of an individual, but in doing so, promotes the role that social work plays in our communities. In celebrating this award we also recognize the Wilfrid Laurier FSW as a leader in the field of social work education and training.
The award will be presented at a lunch celebration on Monday, March 4, 2013 at 120 Duke St. in Kitchener to kick off Social Work Week. Students, staff and faculty are organizing a number of public events for this week, and we would be delighted to have you join us for any or all of these. A calendar of events will be posted on our website early in 2013.
We look forward to hearing from you.