2013-2014: Process for applying for scholarships and awards
The Student Awards Office has implemented a completely new process for students who wish to be considered for scholarship and award opportunities through our office.
In past years, students were asked to search the Student Awards Database to determine which award opportunities best suited their program and interests of study. Each application would need to be submitted manually to the Awards Office which created a long and tedious process.
The Student Awards Office has developed the “All Student General" and "Faculty Specific" Profiles that will greatly reduce the amount of work associated with scholarship/award applications. With this new process, students are asked to submit their "All Student General Profile" and applicable "Faculty Specific Profile" as well as their financial statement (if applicable, this form is included in the All Student General Profile). Once these profiles are submitted, the Student Awards Office will automatically consider the student for all scholarship/award opportunities that fit the program and year of study as well as their particular interests and volunteer experiences. While the submission the financial statement (included in the student profile) is not mandatory, it is strongly recommended as many of the opportunities have a “financial need” component.
Click here to visit the Student Awards Search Engine, to view opportunities which are available to students at Wilfrid Laurier University.
Profiles are available on LORIS! Deadline to submit is October 16th, 2013 (11:59 pm).
Steps to Completing the New Scholarship Process:
1. Log into your LORIS account (as of September 3, 2013)
2. Access the Student Awards & Financial Aid tab at the top of the web page
3. Refer to the "Apply for Student Aid" line that will take you to the student profiles
4. If applicable, complete BOTH the "All Student - General Student Profile" and the applicable "Faculty Profile(s)" for your area of study. It is imperative to complete the "General Student Profile" to be considered for many of these opportunities.
5. The submissions can be reviewed, and changes can be made up until the deadline. Once the application has been accessed, the submission can be accessed through the "View my Applications" tab.
DEADLINE: Profiles must be submitted by October 16th at 11:59 pm in order to be considered for 2013/2014 academic year scholarship and award opportunities. Late submissions cannot be accepted.
While students do not need to identify which awards they wish to be considered for, students may email the Student Awards Office to apply for a single scholarship, if there is a specific opportunity listed on our search engine that holds special meaning for them. To advise the Student Awards Office of this award, students are asked to email email@example.com with the name of the scholarship opportunity in the subject heading and the request for consideration as part of the email (and include your student I.D. number in the email).
The Student Awards Office encourages all students to submit their student and faculty profiles to be considered for scholarship opportunities.