Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
December 20, 2014

Canadian Excellence

Temporary Resident Visas (Entry Visas)

Having a valid Study Permit or Work Permit does not give you the automatic right to re-enter Canada. If you are from a country which requires an entry visa for Canada, you will be issued an entry visa when you are approved for your study permit.

If your entry visaexpires and you are going on holidays outside North American continent and then wish to come back to WLU you must apply for a renewal of your Temporary Resident Visa. To obtain a new Temporary Resident Visa, you have to apply outside of Canada. You may apply throughany Canadian Consulate inthe USA, such as Buffalo or Detroit,by mailing your passport and the following documents:

  • Two passport size photographs taken within the last six months
  • An Acceptance letter or Certificate of Enrolment specifying your program, year of study, length of program and your student status
  • Transcripts for all your studies completed to this date
  • Proof of financial support

Mail your documents by Priority Courier/registered mail, include self-addressed Priority Courier pre-paid return envelope and keep the postal office receipt. It can take up to 1 month or longer to process your application. Normally, a multiple or single-entry visa is issued with the same expiry date as your Study Permit.

For further information and to download the applications go to Immigration Canada, click on Application and Forms, then click on Immigration Applications for Persons outside Canada. Next, click on Visiting Canada, which is located under Temporary Residence Applications.

Immigration Fees for Temporary Resident Visa: Single Entry - $75.00 and Multiple Entries - $150.00.