Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
December 22, 2014

Canadian Excellence


Coming to WLU as an international student is a two-step-process. First you must apply to and be accepted by our university. After you have been accepted, you submit your application for a temporary study permit and temporary resident visa if needed to the Government of Canada.

Your application must be sent to the Canadian consulate or embassy that serves eitheryour country of nationality or the country where you have been legally admitted, if you are not residing in your home country.

The decision to issue your study permit is at the discretion of the Canadian Immigration Officer and will be based on factors including whether or not they believe you are a genuine student and whether or not you have the necessary resources to support your studies in Canada. If you have any questions about the process of obtaining your study permit, please visit the website for Citizenship and Immigration Canada, at or contact the WLU International Student Advisor.