4.7 Performance Facilities
Original Approval Date:
March 22, 1996
Date of Most Recent Review/Revision:
||March 22, 1996
Office of Accountability:
||Office of Performance Facilities
This policy applies to the major performance facilities at Wilfrid Laurier University: the Maureen Forrester Recital Hall and the Theatre Auditorium.
The purpose of this policy is to ensure that these facilities best serve the University.
II. Performance Facilities Committee
A. The Performance Facilities Committee is responsible for policies and procedures with respect to the operation of the Maureen Forrester Recital Hall and the Theatre-Auditorium.
B. MembershipThe following are members of the Performance Facilities Committee:
The chair of the committee shall be either the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Science or the Dean of the Faculty of Music.
- Dean, Faculty of Arts and Science
- Dean, Faculty of Music
- Performance Facilities Manager
- General Manager, WLU Students' Union
- Cultural affairs coordinator
- WLU Students' Union representative
- WLU Graduate Students' Association representative
- Theatre Laurier representative
- A faculty member from the Faculty of Music
C. Terms of ReferenceThe committee is to:
1. Ensure the performance facilities are utilized in accordance with University policy and serve the best interests of the University community;
2. Develop, coordinate, and review a priority use schedule to ensure fairness and utilization of the facilities;
3. Encourage and facilitate cooperation, sharing, and flexibility by users;
4. Establish and review policies and procedures with respect to facility operation, safety, and condition;
5. Establish policies for use by non-University organizations; and
6. Recommend fees and charges.
D. The performance facilities manager will make available on request policies and procedures for both facilities, scheduling information, priority user lists, perennial bookings, fees and charges, rental practices and procedures, and user requirements and regulations.
III. Related Policies
Users and potential users of the performance facilities should refer to the following related policies:
5.5 Signing Authority for External Contracts for Services Other than Teaching Provided by the UniversityThis policy states that any rental and/or service contract of $500 or more requires the approval of one of the signing officers of the university: the president, the vice-president: academic, or vice-president: finance and administration.4.10 Booking of University Space and Facilities
This policy discusses University space use priorities, booking procedures, and circumstances under which charges may be levied.