This program is designed as a tool to allow the Laurier community to simply say thanks to one another. On a campus that prides itself on a sense of community, the main objective of the Laurier Thanks program is to promote a culture of recognition by allowing employees to acknowledge colleagues in a simple way.
Please note: The purpose of the Laurier Thanks program is to provide positive, respectful and professional recognition. Inappropriate use of the program will not be tolerated.
How does it work?
- Determine who you would like to say thanks to.
- Visit their department's website and click on staff listing.
- Click on the person's name that you would like to recognize.
- On the left hand side of the screen, look for the Laurier Thanks logo and fill in the form.
- Once finished, click submit and the individual will receive an email indicating that they have been thanked!
- Note: The person you are recognizing may choose to display your name and message on their homepage.
Want to see who else has been thanked? Visit their homepage to read how others have provided recognition.
Suggestions for what to recognize?
- Went above and beyond the call of duty to provide exemplary customer service
- Provides consistent, efficient and effective customer service
- Provided excellent internal customer service
- Worked to continually improve service to customers
- Provided a human touch to customer service
- Provided a knowledgeable approach to service
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Worked collaboratively with colleagues
- Celebrates diversity
- Provided pro-active solution to conflict
- Challenged themselves to be a better leader
- Demonstrated initiative
- Contributed to campus life through acts of kindness
- Contributed to success of others through acts of kindness and/or service
- Lent a hand to make another’s day easier
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable messages to appear on my homepage?
Log into the content management system at /admin, using your Novell log in. Click on ‘Manage Contacts’ and then your name. Select from the drop-down menu, the ‘Laurier Thanks’ option and you will be taken to a list of your thanks. Add a check-mark in the box under the ‘Display’ area, click save and your message will be enabled.
The person I want to thank doesn't have a WLU contact page. l.
Click here to recognize this person and fill out the form.
I am concerned about receiving messages that are inappropriate.
All messages sent are monitored by Human Resources. Inappropriate use of the Laurier Thanks program will not be tolerated.