Health and Dental Care
The University's Health and Dental Plan is administered by Great-West Life Insurance company. The University provides all eligible employees and retirees with comprehensive health and dental services. To determine if you are eligible to participate in the Health and Dental plan please see your applicable collective agreement.
For information on the following, please click the appropriate link:
For detailed information on the services covered under our Health and Dental plans please view the applicable Group Benefits booklet below:
Staff (includes Management, Exempt, WLUSA, CUPE, UFCW, IATSE):
- Class 26 - WLUFA Retirees who retired on or after July 1, 2009
Did you know you can submit most of your healthcare claims online using Great West Life's online system called GroupNet? For details see the section below regarding GroupNet.
HealthCare Claim Submissions
- All healthcare expenses including visions claims should be submitted with original receipts to Great West Life using the Healthcare Expenses Statement.
- For a list of Great West Life's preferred vision & hearing practitioners: www.pvs.ca
- Drug Claim Submissions
- All employees and retirees with a Great West Life Pay Direct Drug card can have their pharmacy submit their prescription claims electronically. You will be required to pay the pharmacist directly for any expense not covered under our plan.
- If there is a problem with an electronic submission and you are required to pay cash for your prescription please submit the Pay Direct Drug Claim form to GWL and contact the Benefits Specialist, to ensure any problem is corrected.
- All retirees who have a Great West Life Wallet card should submit any prescription expenses using the Healthcare Expenses Statement.
**Save money on your Pharmacist Dispensing Fee with the Preferred Provider Network.
Dental Claim Submissions
- All dental claim submissions can be submitted electronically by your dentist to Great West Life.
- For all orthodontic claims and if your dentist does not use electronic submissions please submit your claim along with your original receipts to Great West Life using the Standard Dental Claim form.
- Please view link for additional Orthodontic Claim Guidelines.
Our policy provides automatic out-of-country coverage for up to 90 days per trip. This coverage is for emergency medical benefits only, and will not cover flight cancellations, etc. For personal travel outside of Canada for more than 90 days, please ensure you purchase additional medical insurance to cover the extended trip. For faculty travelling on Sabbatical, please notify Human Resources if your trip will be longer than 90 days.
Details regarding coverage for out-of-country travel are outlined in the applicable benefit booklet. In the event of a medical emergency while travelling, please contact the insurance carrier as soon as possible using the applicable number on the back of your benefits card:
Call collect from anywhere in the world: 410-453-6330
- From within Canada and USA: 1-800-527-0218
- From within Mexico: 001-800-101
- *NEW* Travel to Cuba: Call collect 905-816-1901
To submit an out-of-country/province claim you must submit two forms:
Pre-existing Medical Conditions: Under our policy with Great West Life, there may be limitations to your coverage if you are travelling with a pre-existing medical condition. For further clarification on pre-existing medical conditions and its impact on your medical coverage outside of Canada, please consult Human Resources.
Some employees or retirees may wish to purchase stack on out-of-country/province coverage in addition to the out-of-country coverage provided under the benefits plan. For more information, please see Medical Insurance for Snowbirds and Extended Travellers.
For questions regarding your coverage or any claims information, please contact Great West Life using your preferred method below:
London Benefit Payments Office
255 Dufferin Avenue
For all Health and Dental Claim Inquiries (please have your Employee ID and Policy Number 159632 available): 1-800-957-9777. Service is available weekdays between the hours of 8 a.m and 7 p.m.
To access Great-West Life's online system Groupnet click here. GroupNet allows members to:
- Members can access the site immediately by registering online. For instructions on how to register, click here.
Online claims submission — Member eClaims
- Plan members can submit claims online, any time, by signing up for Direct Deposit.
- eClaims include a variety of covered services such as visioncare, and paramedical services
Pre-populated forms - Members can download forms that are pre-populated with their name, plan and employee numbers, and mailing address.
Detailed claims information
- Members can check the status of a claim, and see the amount paid and how the claim was assessed.
Can view up to 24 months of claims history information.
- Can view details regarding plan coverage (including deductibles, co-insurance and maximums).
- Can view next eligibility date and coverage balance for benefits such as dental and vision care.
Health and wellness information
- GroupNet offers a rich source of health information, including a health risks self-assessment tool, plus detailed information on drugs, conditions and treatments.
Address Change & Direct deposit
- Members can update their address and sign up online for Direct Deposit of claim payments.