Laurier's Headstart Transition Program
Headstart is a program designed to make the transition to university life easier for Laurier's incoming students and their parents or guardians. It's an introduction to life and learning at Laurier. For students, it's an opportunity to learn about:
- their program and the courses they should take
- academic expectations
- the differences between high school and university
- campus services and resources that can help them make a success of university.
Schedule for the Day
Sessions begin at 9:00 am on program days. Please plan to arrive about 15 minutes in advance in order to get signed in and ready for the day. Specific details will be e-mailed to registered students prior to program days.
Registration for the 2014 Headstart Program will open on May 1st, 2014!
Headstart dates for 2014: June 14, 21, 27*; July 3, 8#, 10*, 11.
Note that students are only expected to register for one day.
* - Special Headstart sessions will be offered for Concurrent Education students on June 27 and July 10. For these dates, the program is modified to fit the particular needs of students in this program. Only students enrolled in the Concurrent Education program should register on these days.
# - Another special Headstart session will be offered for Criminology students on July 8. For this date, the program is modified to assist students in the Criminology program. Students in other programs can still register for this session, as much of the content will overlap with other academic programs offered. Academic Advising will still offer the same level of support to non-Criminology students.
To contact us with questions or concerns, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
- Click Here to go to the Registration Portal
- Look for the Brantford Headstart Program event listing, and click "Register"
- Select the date you wish to attend Headstart.
- Complete the Contact Information as requested. For "Organization" and "Division" please write "NA".
- Click "Next" to move to the payment page.
- Complete all fields as required. You will be issued a receipt of payment via e-mail, and a follow up e-mail within five business days from firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your registration.