The international human rights movement and the ongoing cultural diversitication of societies are two key forces that are shaping life in the 21st Century. Developing a deeper understanding of these phenomena will be useful whether you pursue a career directly related to these phenomena (law, government, social work, activist) or a career that will be affected by them (i.e., any career).Here are some questions that might help you determine if HRHD at Laurier Brantford is the program for you.
Do any of these topics interest you?
Some of the following topics play a prominent role in particular courses, other topics are addressed throughout the program.
Child Soldiers ** Law ** Charter of Rights and Freedoms ** Genocide ** Immigration ** Philosophy ** Social Justice ** Gender ** Non-Governmental Organizations ** Cultural Diversity ** Universal Declaration of Human Rights ** Media and Marginalization ** United Nations ** Disability ** Multiculturalism ** Aboriginal Issues ** Transitional Justice ** LGBT ** International Organizations ** International Development ** Environmental Rights ** Race ** Aging ** Slavery ** Health ** Torture ** Women's Rights ** Rights of the Child ** Crimes Against Humanity
Do you think that knowing more about...
- Canadian and International Law
- The Constitution
- human rights regulations
- the international human rights movement
- human rights issues in Canada and around the world
- the origins of cultural diversity in Canada and around the world
- multiculturalism and diversity policy in Canada, the United States, and Europe
- the challenges and opportunities of cultural diversity in the workplace, school, community, media, government and in individual's lives
...might be useful in any of these careers...
- Nongovernmental Organizations
- Social Work
- Human Resources
- Health Care Professional
- Sales & Marketing
- Public Relations
- Public Policy
- Graduate Studies
...then we may have the program for you!
If you experience any problems with the above links, please send an email to the contact in the left-hand column.