International STUDY EXCHANGE Opportunities
Study Exchange involves taking courses at a university with which Laurier already has an existing student exchange agreement. Through Laurier International Wilfrid Laurier University has agreements with universities around the world which permit you to study at those universities while paying your regular Laurier tuition and earning credit toward your Laurier degree. For more general information, consult the Study Exchange Program.
International Exchanges of particular interest to HRHD students include:
- University of Nebraska--Lincoln (USA)
- UN-L offers a Minor in Human Rights
and Humanitarian Affairs.
- This exchange provides the opportunity to establish connections with American students with similar interests to your own. Start building your international network of colleagues now!
- University of Canberra (Australia)
- Canberra offers a program in International Studies that emphasizes intercultural understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity
- Canberra also offers a minor program in Human Rights and Social Justice
- This exchange provides the opportunity to compare the Canadian experience of multiculturalism and diversity with that of another multicultural Commonwealth country. It will also give you an opportunity to network with students who are tied into South-East Asian concerns.
- Linnaeus University (Sweden)
- Linnaeus offers a wide variety of courses in English including, under Law and Legal Studies, courses on human rights.
- At the time this was posted, Laurier International lists this exchange partner as Vaxjo University. Vaxjo is the city in which Linnaeus is located.
- Akita International University (Japan)
- Offers an "International Liberal Arts education in English."
- Does not have a Human Rights program, but does off a wide variety of relevant courses that could be counted as electives toward a degree in HRHD.
Study Abroad is the term the university uses for studying at a foreign university with which Laurier does not have a student exchange agreement. For more general information, consult the Study Abroad Program.
Study Abroad opportunities of particular interest to HRHD students include the following programs offered by Ontario universities that are open to more than just their students. If you are interested in
one of these, you must apply for approval for transfer credit before you
go. You should also note that while these programs offer very valuable
experiences, they are also very expensive.
McGill University. Canadian
Field Studies in Africa
University of Calgary. Centre for International
Students & Study Abroad
University of Toronto. Summer Abroad Program
Some foreign universities also offer single courses in English that can be taken over a short period of time. For example, Europa-Universitat Viadrina (Frankfurt am Oder, Germany) offered a 13 day course on the European Human Rights system in September of 2010. See document ("Frankfurt am Oder") below.
WLU scholarships to help with the costs of Study Exchange or Study Abroad.
Ontario International Education Opportunity Scholarship Up to $2,500 from the provincial government.
|2010||Frankfurt am Oder||Document|