There are many groups and individuals preparing for an influenza pandemic, from regional to global levels. Here are some key websites that offer more information on an influenza pandemic and can help answer your questions:
- Waterloo Region: General information on influenza, what individuals and families can do to prepare for a pandemic, and what the Region of Waterloo, in cooperation with its community partners, is doing to prepare for a pandemic.
- Waterloo Region Emergency Management: Additional ways you can prepare and a brief history of the 1918-1919 pandemic in Waterloo Region.
- Ontario Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care: All you need to know about an influenza pandemic.
- Government of Canada: Information on the preparedness and response to a potential influenza pandemic.
- World Health Organization: Epidemic and pandemic alert and response.
- PandemicFlu.gov: PlanFirst Webcasts on Pandemic Influenza.