Using the New Features
By default, the Auto-save feature ensures that messages in the process of being composed are saved every 30 seconds so that they may be recovered in case of a GroupWise application crash.
To Disable Auto-save
- Click Tools | Options.The Options dialog box appears.
- Double-click Environment.
- The Environment dialog box appears.
- In the General tab, select Disable auto-save.
- Click OK.
- The Options dialog box reappears.
- Click Close.
You can use your calendar to remind you of a birthday or anniversary. Follow the steps below to add birthday details to a contact and to your calendar.
From the Address Book window, select the address book in which the contact appears.
- Select the contact that you want to edit.
- Click Edit | Edit.
- A contact details dialog box appears for the selected name.
- Click the Details tab.
- In the Personal section, click the Birthday checkbox.
- Select a month and a day for the event.
- Close the contact details dialog box.
The birthday is added to your calendar as a reoccurring all day event.
This quick and easy-to-use Vacation Rule Wizard helps you to create a vacation rule. The best thing about it is that you don't need to de-activate the rule on your return to work - it will automatically cancel itself after the specified End Date.
Create your vacation rule
- Click Tools | Vacation Rule.
- The Vacation Rule dialog box appears.
- Activate the rule by ticking the checkbox.
- Enter the Subject, if required.
- Enter the vacation reply message in the Message section.
- Decide whether or not you want to Reply to External Users.
If you activate Reply to External Users it will send a reply to any spam messages that you receive. This will confirm to the spammer that they have encountered an active mailbox which may increase the amount of spam you receive in the future.
- Click the Start Date date selector and select the date from which you want the rule to begin.
- Click the End Date date selector and select the last day that you will be away from the office.
- Click Save.
Your vacation rule is now activated. Correspondents will receive your vacation reply message and your out-of-office dates will be blocked off in your Calendar as whole day events.
Open your Sent Items folder.
Find the appointment you want to modify.
Right-click the appointment and select.
Specify your new recipients in the, , and fields.
When you accept an item, you can also select to keep a copy of the item in your Mailbox folder.
Click> , then double-click .
On the General page, select.
When you add a contact to an e-mail you receive, the e-mail is then associated with the contact you added. This is helpful when viewing the history for a particular contact, because the e-mail displays in the contact history for the contact even though that contact did not send the e-mail.
Open an item from your Mailbox or Calendar.
In thefield, type a user name, then press Enter. Repeat for additional users.
To select user names from a list, click> icon next to the field. Double-click each user, then click .
Useto make additions to any sent mail.
Click thefolder in the Nav Bar.
Right-click the item you want to reply to, then click.
Selectto send the reply just to yourself.
Selectto send the reply to yourself and all others on the original message.
Make all necessary additions to the message, then clickon the toolbar.