Professional Expense Reimbursement
Submitting a Claim
1) An updated PER form is provided to the Dean’s office from Faculty Relations, typically in July or August. The new form provides the carry forward amount, if any, and the updated PER amount available for the upcoming academic year. These forms are then sent electronically to each individual faculty member from the Dean's Office.
2) For the quickest process, it is recommended that faculty save a copy of this form and use this form to record a running balance of their PER funds and for subsequent submissions.
3) Claims are reviewed before submission to the Dean for approval and prior to sending to Accounts Payable. The review includes a check on the available balance in the PER fund, as well as a confirmation of eligible expenditures and appropriate original documentation/receipts, etc. If there are any questions, the faculty member will be contacted for clarification.
4) Alternatively, faculty members are welcome to contact Ruth Cole if they do not have a copy of the PER form and/or the current PER balance. An updated PER form /balance confirmation will be sent as soon as possible.
5) Downloadable blank PER forms will be found under the “Dean’s Office/Academic Advising > Faculty Resources > Professional Expense Reimbursement”.
a. Faculty would then complete the form, attach original receipts, submit to the attention of Ruth Cole. The PER balance will be recorded and processed.
General Information on PER Forms
1) Each Member is entitled to a Professional Expense Reimbursement (P.E.R.) of $1,082 annually for the period July 1, 2012 to June 30, 2013. Please see the WLUFA Collective Agreement for full-time faculty and professional librarians for details.
2) A University purchase order must be obtained for equipment costing more than $5,000; ownership of equipment claimed against the P.E.R. initially resides with the University. See the document “Ownership of Acquired Property”
3) If in doubt about the eligibility of expenditure, consult the Dean who may in turn seek the judgment of University financial officials before rendering an opinion.
4) Submit claims on the PER form to the Dean c/o Ruth Cole. Original receipts must be provided for all expenditures.
5) Reimbursement will be by direct deposit.
6) Claims may be made at any time during the contract year for amounts in excess of $100.00. Otherwise, requests for reimbursement for expenses incurred during the period ending June 30 must be submitted no later than July 15, and cannot be carried forward for submission in the next contract year.
7) Faculty should review the PER submission guidelines according to Article 38 of the Full-time Collective Agreement for information on receipts needed, meal and travel allowances, etc.
|2012||2012-2013 PER Template||Document|
|2012||Ownership of Acquired Property Under Article 38.2||Document|
|2012||PER General Information||Document|