Game Design & Development
Honours Bachelor of Fine & Applied Arts
Bachelor of Fine & Applied Arts in Game Design & Development
The Bachelor of Fine and Applied Arts in Game Design and Development teaches you the practical, theoretical, and artistic skills needed to create your own games—whether they be video games, board games, or live action games that operate in a number of settings. Games are increasingly used in education, the corporate world and a variety of other settings to motivate, teach, and engage. A variety of career options are possible at the end of this degree, and it is widely noted as one of the fastest growing areas for interesting careers. There are post-graduate opportunities as well with universities quickly developing MA level programs in various aspects of gamification.
- History of Cartoons and Comics
- Sound Design for Games (Conestoga)
- Cyborg Fictions
- Designing Digital and Social Media
- Mobile Game Development (Conestoga)
- This innovative program allows you to get a university degree while learning practical skills from Conestoga College, delivered right in Brantford.
- One of the only programs in Ontario to focus on game design and development; only one to integrate with a college so that you get the best of theory and application
- Two fourth-year capstone courses walk you through the complete development of a game in collaboration with Laurier's award winning Launch Pad where you will test your ideas and find out if you have a viable gamified project that might have value beyond university credit.
- This program trains you to be a games generalist which means that you have more career flexibility than being trained to work only at a AAA video game company. The future for games is in independent design and you will come out with the portfolio and the skills necessary to land the most interesting jobs.
- Integrated business training means that you will have the skills needed to organize teams in an effective way, a key element for success in the games industry.
|High School Admission Requirements||College Grad Admission Requirements
Average in top 6 4U or M courses of mid 70's
Contact our Recruitment & Admissions office for more details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Opportunities in Brantford
Brantford has North America's largest video game collection and you wil be involved in game nights (with examples drawn from the collection) and game jams during your four years.
You will have opportunities in the fourth year to work with social, cultural, educational, commercial or industrial partners to find gamified solutions to pressing problems.