The LCCSL has approximately 200 community partners representing a wide variety of educational, cultural, environmental, and social service organizations. Some of these organizations have had many years of experience in connecting with Laurier students through the CSL program.
- Benefit the community organization and the individuals that they serve.
- Give students the opportunity to relate their experiences to the content of their course and enhance their learning.
- Provide students the opportunity to reflect on what it means to give service to others and be connected to a larger community.
- Provides access to the services and skills of university students.
- Access to related theories and concepts students are learning about in the classroom.
- Allows for program and service enhancements and expansions.
- Provides opportunity for collaboration with post-secondary researchers and practitioners.
- Provides an opportunity to contribute to the development of community leaders of the future.
The students who have chosen to work in the One-on-one English Tutor Program, at the Kitchener-Waterloo Multicultural Centre have been a remarkable help to so very many clients. They demonstrate excellent time management, patience, organization, teaching and learning skills. Their diligence has been a huge contributor to the success of this program.
Patti Kent, Volunteer Coordinator, K-W Multicultural Centre