Athlete Academic Success Program
An academic and athletic mentoring program for Laurier's Golden Hawk athletes.
Students can work independently or in small groups to complete course work and assignments with Athlete Academic Mentors on hand to answer learning and study skill questions.
- Sundays, 7:00 - 8:50 pm with Kwaku and Tanner in the Hawks Lounge
- Mondays, 8:30 - 10:20 pm with Jacky and Cassandra in BA202 (NEW LOCATION)
Academic skills workshops give students the opportunity to learn skills for both in class and in the field of play. Topics include:
- Academic advising
- Learning styles
- Leadership skills
- Time management
- Active reading
- Exam strategies
- Lecture note taking
- Study aids
Select days throughout the term at 8:30 pm
- Centre for Student Success
- Lindsay Chester: A.A.S.P. Coordinator/Academic Coach (email@example.com)
- Ryan Lannan: Athlete Advisor/Coordinator, Interuniversity Sport (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Athlete Academic Mentors
- Kwaku Boateng
- Cassandra Mensah
- Jacky Normandeau
- Tanner Philp
Get Started Today!
Access the A.A.S.P. MyLearningSpace Course Page
Get access to additional resources, updates and reminders by enrolling in the A.A.S.P. course page
1. Log into MyLearningSpace
2. Select "Self Registration" on the top right of the screen, and
3. Select and enroll in Athlete Academic Success Program
Book an Individual Learning Consultation with a Learning Strategist
- To book a learning consultation click here.
Accessibility: The Centre for Student Success is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Michael Lisetto-Smith at 519.884.0710 x3640.