Aboriginal Academic Success Program
In these workshops learn academic skills to achieve success through guided conversation and activities. Hosted by Anne Marie Wetter, Learning Strategies and Ami Anderson, Aboriginal Learning Tutor
- Learning Circles at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street, Waterloo)
- Wednesday, September 24th, 6 -7:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 8th, 6 -7:30 pm
- Wednesday, November 19th, 6 -7:30 pm
- **Qualifies as a SEEDS program activity with participation in a workshop and completion of the pre and post study skills assessment**
- Food will be provided for students who register by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday before the Learning Circle
- To register please click here
- Three Key Academic Success Skills: Time management, note taking and reading - Sept. 24th, 6 -7:30 pm
In this Learning Circle you will learn skills to:
- Bring balance to your academic and personal schedule with time management ,
- Get the most out of your readings with active reading, and
- Create clear and concise lecture notes.
- Create Midterm Study Notes that work for You - Oct. 8th, 6 -7:30 pm
In this Learning Circle you will:
- Complete a learning styles assessment and,
- Find out how to leverage your learning style(s) to create effective study notes for midterms.
- Final Exam Test-Taking Strategies - Nov. 19th, 6 -7:30 pm
During this Learning Circle you will:
- Create a study schedule to help to avoid cramming and reduce stress and anxiety, and
- Learn techniques for answering various types of exam questions, including multiple choice and essay.
Drop-in Hours and Scheduled Appointments
Drop-in or book an appointment to discuss your study and learning skills questions with a Learning Strategist
- Drop-in hours at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street, Waterloo)
- Monday, September 22nd, 1 - 2:30 pm
- Monday, October 20th, 1 - 2:30 pm
- Monday, November 17th, 1 - 2:30 pm
- To book an appointment with a Learning Strategist click here
- **A 50 minute appointment qualifies as a SEEDS program activity requirement**
Accessibility: The Centre for Student Success is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Anne Marie Wetter at 519.884.0710 x4497.