Aboriginal Academic Success Program
In these workshops learn academic skills to achieve success through guided conversation and activities. Hosted by Julie Pong, Learning Strategies and Ami Anderson, Aboriginal Learning Tutor
- Learning Circles at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street, Waterloo)
- Thursday, January 28th, 12:00 -1:00 pm
- Thursday February 25th, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Thursday March 10th, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Thursday March 31st, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- **Qualifies as a SEEDS program activity with participation in a workshop and completion of the pre and post study skills assessment**
- Food will be provided for students who register by 4:30 pm on the Tuesday before the Learning Circle
- To register please click here
Looking Back as a Way of Moving Forward. How to make your second semester at Laurier better than your first - January 28th, 12 - 1:00 pm
With our first term of university behind us we will look at how we can better our second term. The goal of this Learning Circle is to identify what went well with our first term at Laurier and discuss ways to improve for winter semester. We will discuss how to set realistic goals, what our ideal study space looks like and how we can take advantage of the many resources available.
Maintaining Order During a Time of Disorder: The Art of Time Management - February 25th, 12 - 1:00 pm
With the busyness of March and the end of term it is essential that we go into what can be the busiest time of the year with strong organizational skills. Bring balance to your academic and personal schedule with this time management Learning Circle.
Where did the Time go? Planning for Year 2 at Laurier - March 10th, 12 - 1:00 pm
With first year almost behind us it is time to start thinking about our second year. In this Learning Circle we will discuss progression, degree requirements and second year course planning.
- Relax, Refresh, Review. The Ins and Outs of Preparing for Final Exams - March 31st, 12 - 1:00 pm It’s almost that time again when you are tested on the material you have learned over the last 12 weeks. In this Learning Circle you will create a study schedule to help avoid cramming and reduce stress and anxiety. Have questions about answering various types of exam questions? Here is your opportunity to learn how to best prepare for your final exams.
Drop-in Hours and Scheduled Appointments
Drop-in or book an appointment to discuss your study and learning skills questions with a Learning Strategist
- Drop-in hours at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street, Waterloo)
- To be announced
- To book an appointment with a Learning Strategist click here
- **A 50 minute appointment qualifies as a SEEDS program activity requirement**
Accessibility: The Centre for Student Success is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Michael Lisetto-Smith at 519.884.0710 x3640.