Aboriginal Academic Success Program
In these workshops learn academic skills to achieve success through guided conversation and activities.
- Learning Circles offered on select Wednesdays, 5:00 - 6:30 pm at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street)
- **Participation in these workshops and completion of the pre and post study skills assessment qualify as a SEEDS program activity requirement**
- Read It Like You Mean It
In this Learning Circle you will learn strategies:To help retain what you read, for taking notes on readings to improve your understanding, and for creating a realistic reading schedule.
- Jan. 15
- Critical Thinking Skills
During this Learning Circle you will learn: What critical thinking skills are, how to build your critical thinking skills, and how to apply critical thinking skills to your academics.
- Jan. 29
- Academic Advising for 2nd Year
In this presentation with the Peer Advisors you will learn about: Course registration for fall, progression requirements, academic probation, and taking courses over the summer.
- Feb. 26
- Everything You Need to Know for Finals
During this Learning Circle you will: Create a study schedule to help avoid cramming, learn stress and anxiety reducing strategies, and learn techniques for answering various types of exam questions, including multiple choice and essay.
- Mar. 26
- Please register here. Drop-ins are always welcome.
Drop-in Hours and Scheduled Appointments
Drop-in or book an appointment to discuss your study and learning skills questions
- Drop-in hours: Wednesdays, 3 - 5 pm at the Aboriginal Student Centre (187 Albert Street)
- To book an appointment with an Aboriginal Learning Tutor click here
- To book an appointment with a Learning Strategist click here
- **A 45 minute appointment qualifies as a SEEDS program activity requirement**
Accessibility: Learning Services is committed to creating a welcoming environment for all students, including students with disabilities. If you have an accommodation request for any of our services, please contact Anne Marie Wetter at 519.884.0710 x4497.