Gifts by will
Making a dream possible
You may be able to contribute to Laurier at a substantially higher level than you might believe possible. A will bequest provides for a significant gift from your estate and does not affect your present income. Will bequests are a major source of future income for the University.
A bequest may include gifts of:
- art work
- real estate
- other assets
Laurier welcomes the opportunity to work with you and your advisors in arranging a gift - named or unnamed - that will meet your goals and provide maximum benefit to the university.
Tax Benefits: Your estate will receive a tax receipt for the full value of your bequest, saving you tax dollars. The receipt may also be carried back and claimed in the year prior to death. You can view sample bequest clauses by clicking here.
Benefits of making a will...
A carefully designed will is the core of any estate plan. The will ensures that your wishes regarding the disposition of your assets - however large or small - are carried out. The benefits of making a will are:
- You, not the courts, decide how your assets will be distributed for the benefit of family, friends, favorite charities, and other organizations.
- Your estate is settled quickly and efficiently without burden to your heirs.
- You, not the courts, select an executor to ensure that your wishes are carried out.
- Taxes and expenses can be minimized and paid in a timely fashion.
- Your assets will not have to be sold during downturns, as could be the case if you leave no will.
You have peace of mind knowing your wishes will be carried out and your responsibilities met.
For more information, please contact:
|Cec Joyal ‘86
Individual and Planned Giving
(519) 884-0710 Ext 3864
|Return to "Create your plan" page|