"I have been a part of Wilfrid Laurier University for the past 30 years and I have seen students struggling due to financial setbacks. If I can offer a small token to put less stress on a student, I will be there for them...I choose to be there for them!"
- Debra Martz Melanson, Music Therapy Program
"To honour my late father by supporting the Parkinson's Disease research being conducted by the MDRC."
- Wendy Webb, Athletics & Recreation
"I give to a specific scholarship because it directly assists students and I have a personal connection to the person after whom the scholarship is named."
- Kevin Crowley, CPAM
"I give because I recognize how lucky I am to work for such a wonderful institution."
- Jill Bruyea, Accessible Learning Centre
"I give to the Global Studies Education Abroad Fund because I believe every Global Studies student should have the opportunity to travel abroad as a part of their degree program."
- Tim Donais, Global Studies
"To support our wonderful students who represent our future!"
- Mary Joy Aitken, Development & Alumni Relations
"I give to make education accessible to all students."
- Lori Chalmers Morrison, CPAM
"I give because the university gave so much to me as a student and I want to make it even better for those who come after me."
- Craig Chipps, Brantford Recruitment Services
"I appreciate the opportunity to give back to the organization that has given much to me over the years."
- Wally Pirker, Institutional Research
"I give to Laurier because I believe in what we do here. I want to help Laurier to provide academic and co-curricular opportunities for students to prepare them for the next stage of their lives."
- Janet Robinson, Development & Alumni Relations
"I give to assist in the transformation of Laurier to a more reflective campus so that learning from different experiences is enhanced."
- Mark Baetz, Retired Faculty
"I give to help our students enjoy an enriched educational experience!"
- Penny Friesen, Brantford
"I give because Laurier is important to me - I've been associated with the university since 1977!"
- Sheila McKee-Protopapas, WLUFA
"We give to give value and recognition to areas that are too often overlooked: poetry and academic writing."
- Emmy Misser, Writing Centre
- Jim Weldon, Department of English
“Laurier was a good place to work. Students were the most important part of my husband’s life at Laurier. I choose to give to a student bursary because that is where Ray’s heart was.”
- Doreen Koenig, Retired Staff
"I give because I think it is one way of making a difference."
- Daniel Lichti, Faculty of Music
"I give for the love of music - to help bridge budget shortfalls in an effort to keep existing programs."
"I donate because it’s important to give back. Laurier is like my 2nd home and worthy of my support. I'm thankful for the education I received here and thankful to have a job I love. I hope that my contributions inspire others to give as well."
- Cec Joyal, Development & Alumni Relations
“Giving back is important. Sometimes you do need to put your money where your mouth is.”
- Mike Whitehouse, Athletics & Recreation
"I give to give more people a chance to go to Laurier!"
- Marybeth Phillips, Accessible Learning Centre
"I give back to help others achieve their goals."
- Joan Davidson – Retired Staff
"I give to Laurier, and specifically the MDRC, as I believe in its mission, vision and values. The centre is a life-line for many people suffering from Parkinson's Disease in this community."
- Erin Almeida, Development & Alumni Relations
"I give so that I can give students an opportunity to excel in music without having to sacrifice their practice time earning their tuition."
- Kimberly Barber, Faculty of Music
"We have been a part of the Laurier community for more than 25 years. We have received so much and are pleased to help others with their own Laurier adventure!"
- Dan Dawson, Student Services
- Sue Dawson, Parking & Transportation Resources
"I give to reinvest in my Laurier community."
- Bob Sharpe, Geography & Environmental Studies
"I give to ensure that excellent programming is still accessible when my kids are old enough to need it!"
- Tiffany Bradley, CPAM