How donations help
Laurier values the support of our many donors who truly understand the importance of higher education and investing in it. Donations provide necessary enhancements to the University that both tuition and government funding aren't able to support.
Laurier is proudly known for a student experience that extends beyond the classroom and enables and encourages students to engage in the world around them. As you can see below, donations not only ensure that academics and facility enhancements are strengthened, but donations also support community engagement and student cultural development to strengthen the student experience.
Recent examples of what donations have funded:
- Laurier Brantford and YMCA Athletic and Recreation Centre
- Laurier Athletic Centre
- Centre for Cold Regions and Water Science
- Co-op and Career Development Centre
- Alumni Field
- Digital and online content at the Library
- Accessible seating area at University Stadium
- Laurier's pool
- Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work
- Dozens of projects which impact the student experience, including a film festival, a literacy camp for
- Education students (helping struggling elementary students), and a virtual lab for science students
If you have any questions or would like additional information, please contact us.