Do you have questions about your program? Are you worried about your GPA and have questions about academic probation? If so, you should meet with your Academic Advisor!
For drop in hours or to use the new online self-serve appointment booking system, please click here.
Please remember to:
- Book ahead. By making an appointment ahead of time, you will secure time on your advisor's calendar. Some advisor's accept walk-in appointments, however this does not guarantee that your advisor will be available to meet with you at that time. During busy times of the year, it is highly recommended that you plan ahead and schedule an appointment early.
- Be on time. If you do not arrive on time you may be faced with several problems. First, your time with your advisor could be cut short. Second, your advisor's next appointment has already arrived you may have to wait for the next available time on your advisor's schedule. Third, by not arriving on time, you may have to reschedule for a different day.
- Come prepared. For your appointment, please bring the following information:
- A completed program worksheet
- A copy of your degree audit (only applicable to students in Honours Contemporary Studies, Honours Contemporary Studies and English, Honours Contemporary Studies and Psychology, Honours Contemporary Studies and History, Honours Journalism-print). You may access degree audit through your LORIS account.
- List of possible classes for next semester (if meeting about registration)
- Any other information relevant to the purpose of the meeting
For more information visit:
Location: Research & Academic Centre - East (RCE) 132
Phone: (519) 756.8228 ext. 5849
Please Note: Although academic advising is available within each department or faculty dean's office, it is solely the responsibility of students to ensure that they are properly registered and meet course requirements and the requirements of the program for which they are registered. All students should review this chapter and the relevant program requirements and course information carefully.