2012-13 Placement Dates
To save or print the timeline below: Printer Friendly Placement Dates timetable
Please be advised that as per a policy decision at the Faculty of Social Work Divisional Council meeting on November 20, 1991, MSW students in practicum placement during winter term will be allowed to take Laurierís reading week (February 18 to 22, 2013 inclusive), or its equivalent, off placement. The following conditions or considerations apply:
- school board students take March break off instead of not in addition to.
- agencies and students may negotiate 4 days off at other times throughout placement as it suits the needs of all concerned.
- students may not take the 4 day period at the end of placement as the intention is to maintain the current length of the placement period.
- Last day of Practicum for 2012 will be Friday, December 14, 2012 (unless a student needs to make-up any missed hours/days). Placement will commence again on Wednesday, January 2, 2013 for the part-time and advanced standing students.
- There is NO BREAK in studentís practicum between the Winter and Spring terms.
- Students cannot complete practicum until they have completed all the required hours and days and are expected to make-up any missed practicum hours or days.
- Students cannot change their days in placement without approval from the Practicum Office.