Why Choose Professional Development at the Lyle S. Hallman Faculty of Social Work?
- Our program is designed to meet the continuing education needs of those in the helping professions, including social work, social services, healthcare, education, law enforcement and pastoral care.
- All of our courses are facilitated by highly qualified, knowledgeable instructors who bring years of experience and practice to the classroom.
- We know that a good continuing education workshop teaches facts and theories, but a great continuing education workshop starts with facts and theories, then adds the learned experiences of the instructor and the students to create the whole picture.
- Organizations and agencies are looking for employees who demonstrate a commitment to ongoing learning of knowledge and skills.
- Your professional development experience at Laurier goes beyond classroom learning. Meet new people, build connections and expand your professional network.
- Small class sizes means more opportunity for you to contribute to the discussion and communicate directly with the instructor.
- The Faculty of Social Work at Wilfrid Laurier University has an outstanding reputation as one of Canada's top graduate schools for social work education.
Dean, Faculty of Social Work
Coordinator, Professional Development and Alumni Relations