Certificate in Program Evaluation as Organizational Development
The Certificate in Program Evaluation as Organizational Development (PEOD) is a blended offering designed for those who need to evaluate, analyze and improve upon programs and/or services within the workplace.
Offered in partnership with the Centre for Community Research, Learning and Action (CCRLA) at Laurier, the program evaluation certificate provides an active learning experience designed for the working professional.
Participants will be introduced to different evaluation approaches and designs as well as practical skills including:
- developing a strong program theory and logic model
- conducting interviews and focus groups
- survey development
- analyzing survey and interview data
- effective report writing
- applying findings to improve programs and services
- integrating evaluation approaches into organizational learning and development
Program Information and Format
The full certificate consists of 13 units and participants must complete all 13 units to attain the certificate. Participants may register for individual units if the complete certificate is not of interest. Please note there are a limited number of flexible, individual unit spaces. In addition to the regular units, participants will be able to book a one-on-one, hour-long session with one of our expert instructors.
Units will be offered in blended format (a mix of classroom and online learning components).
These sponsorships are for staff members of eligible organizations in Waterloo Region, who will be attending the program in their professional capacity (i.e., as opposed to for personal interest). Please review the criteria and instructions prior to submitting your application.
The Centre for Community Research, Learning and Action will also offer a limited number of 50% tuition sponsorships for individuals who would like to register for PEOD but require financial assistance to do so. Please review the criteria and instructions prior to submitting your application.
Start Date: Wednesday, September 7, 2016
End Date: Wednesday, March 1, 2016
Time: 4 - 7 p.m.
Location: Laurier's Waterloo campus
Instructors: Read more about our certificate instructors
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrolment. In the event of a cancellation, students will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full tuition refund, less 20 per cent, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received up to two weeks prior to the start of the first session
- after this point, no refunds will be issued