Laurier Association for Lifelong Learning (LALL)
- Participant, Winter 2013"More interesting information about birds than I had imagined. David Lamble delivered in a hilarious manner."
- Participant, Birds and Their Ways: Part II, Winter 2013"Excellent in all respects. Course was taught in an organized fashion that was easy to follow. Also it was inspiring and makes one want to read further."
- Participant, Korea: From Shaman Kingdom to Divided Nation, Winter 2013"Warren Stauch is very thorough, uses excellent visuals with enlightening anecdotes. He delivers his lectures with humour and enthusiasm. You can tell the class is engaged and thoroughly enjoying our time with him."
- Participant, The Natural and Cultural Legacy of the Niagara Escarpment, Winter 2013
SPECIAL EVENT INVITATION!
Join LALL at THEMUSEUM on December 4, 2013 at 1 p.m. for a private tour of Surface Tension: The Future of Water. Art mediator, Daithi O'Reilly, will guide us through Surface Tension's 35 exhibits. After the tour, Imbibe Food/Drink will provide appetizers and refreshments in THEMUSEUMS's community room.
Tickets are $20 and are available from the Office of Continuing Studies; please RSVP by November 29. For more information, please call 519.884.0710 x4628 or email us.
Winter 2014 brochure is now availalbe! Please click here to download your copy.
LALL courses offer a unique option for adult learning. Courses are non-credit and are intended for personal interest and self-education. LALL is a non-profit organization supported by Continuing Studies at Wilfrid Laurier University. The distinction between a LALL course and a university course is that LALL courses have no exams, no grading, and no prerequisites!
Courses generally run two hours per week for six consecutive weeks and are offered in morning or afternoon sessions. LALL offers courses three times per year:
- Spring - usually runs the second week of April through the third week of May
- Fall - usually runs the second week of October through the third week of November
- Winter - usually runs the first week of February through the middle of March
Winter 2014 Courses
- Jim Weldon, Laurier - Poetry Appreciation: Dante's Inferno and Selected Modern Literature
- Isaac Friesen, Laurier - Life and Revolution in Modern Egypt
Blaine Chiasson, Laurier - The Pacific War
View the Winter 2014 brochure in PDF format for a detailed breakdown of each of the courses offered and to view the dates and time when the courses will be running. Courses will start the week of February 3 and will run until the middle of March. Please note, you will need Adobe Reader to view the document; please click here to obtain a free copy of Adobe Reader. Having trouble viewing the brochure in PDF format? Please click here for assistance; for Mac users please click here for assistance.
Registrations will be received up to end of day on January 5 and will be processed on January 6. On that day, all registrations will be processed lottery-style and confirmation letters will be mailed out beginning January 7. Registrations will continue to be accepted until the beginning of class or until a course becomes full. Be sure to join our email list to ensure you receive your copy of the brochure once it is available.
Fee: $70 per course
Note: Your instructor may recommend additional items for purchases (e.g., books). They are only recommendations and are not mandatory for participation in the LALL courses.
For details on how to submit your registration, please refer to the course registration information page, brochure or LALL registration form and submit it to the address indicated with full payment. Please note that post-dated cheques will not be accepted. Course registrants are process lottery-style and admitted on the basis of payment received to a maximum of 25 per course. No advance registrations will be accommodated. Courses fill up quickly!
Join Our Email List
Be the first to receive the latest brochures, newsletters and community events as soon as they become available. All LALL details are sent out by email to ensure they reach you without delay and to be environmentally conscious. Please join our list by completing our online form here.
About the Instructors
Learn all about our LALL instructors here.
Take a few minutes and hear two first-hand accounts of what it's like to participate in a LALL course and what it's like to teach a LALL course:
- participants who are also alumni of Laurier, Waterloo or Guelph may activate a library card at any time; please contact the Laurier library for more information
- all other participants may purchase a library card at a reduced rate of $10
- library cards are good for one year from activation date
Withdrawal and Refund Policy
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full course fee refund, less a $12 administration fee, will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received prior to the first meeting of the class
- no refund can be made after the course begins
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, participants will be informed and all fees will be refunded.
For more information about LALL, please contact Continuing Studies by phone at 519.884.0710 x4628 or email.