Interactive Script Writing for Film, Theatre and Television
This fully online course will introduce you to the craft of writing scripts for film, theatre and television.
When you enroll you will be provided with a password that unlocks the entrance to the first level of writing challenges. Every step along the way you will submit writing assignments for feedback. Your fee purchases a set number of feedback opportunities, and you set the pace for your submissions. Successful completion of each level opens the doorway to the next set of challenges; a password will be provided to successful students to unlock those challenges.
You are free to select from among a variety of pathways and approaches:
- you might choose to move quickly through the guided steps for an overview or,
- you might undertake a series of challenges designed to improve competence in a single facet of script writing
- you will have six months from your first login to complete the course
- access to the course will be available October 28, 2012
- your first login must occur by November 25, 2012
This course has been designed by and will be administered by Dr. Leslie O'Dell; feedback will be provided by Dr. O'Dell or by freelance professional writers under her supervision.
Please note: you will require a computer and Internet access to participate in this course as it is delivered completely online.
Start/End Dates: October 28, 2012 - 6 months from first login
Time: Whenever is best for you!
Location: From the comfort of home, on the road, wherever you wish!
Fee: $135 (includes HST)
Instructor: Dr. Leslie O'Dell, Wilfrid Laurier University
For details on how to submit your registration, please refer to the registration form. Please note that registrations submitted by email will not be accepted. Receipts for credit card payments will be issued electronically unless otherwise requested. Phone 519.884.0710 x6036 or email Continuing Studies if you require additional information.
About the Instructor:
Leslie O'Dell is an associate professor of English and theatre at Wilfrid Laurier University, where she teaches acting, directing, play writing, and dramatic literature at the undergraduate and graduate levels and acting for singers for Laurier's Faculty of Music. She received her Honours BA in Drama from Queen's University and her MA and PhD from the Graduate Centre for the Study of Drama at the University of Toronto.
Leslie is a veteran text consultant at the Stratford Festival and has worked with such directors as Richard Monette, Marti Maraden, David William, Richard Rose, Bernard Hopkins, Robin Philips, Michael Langham, Brian Bedford, Douglas Campbell and Joe Dowling.
See what out students have to say about their experience in Interactive Script Writing for Film, Theatre and Television here.
- notice of withdrawal must be made in writing to Continuing Studies in-person, by mail, or by email
- a full tuition refund will be issued when notice of withdrawal is received up to twoweeks prior to the workshop start date
- a full tuition refund, less a $99 administrative fee, will be issues when notice of withdrawal is received between two weeks and one day before the workshop start date
- after the start of the workshop, no refund will be issued
Please note that no refund of any sort will be given if the university is closed for any reason during your course.
Wilfrid Laurier University reserves the right to cancel a course in which there is insufficient enrollment. In the event of a cancellation, students will be informed and all fees will be refunded.