Recent News / Media Coverage
27. Interviewed by Meagan Wohlberg, Northern Journal, 16 January, 2015. “Spreading southern wetlands, drying delta lakes: scientists predict the future of a warmer NWT”. http://norj.ca/2015/01/spreading-southern-wetlands-drying-delta-lakes-scientists-predict-the-future-of-a-warmer-nwt/
26. Interviewed by Randy Henderson, North Beat (TV), CBC North. CBC Studio,Yellowknife, 15 January, 2015. http://www.cbc.ca/player/News/Canada/North/ID/2648158031/
25. Legislature Talks: The Knowledge
Series. Invited public presentation at the Legislature Building, Yellowknife:
“A glimpse of the future: insights into
water resources in a warmer NWT”, 14 January, 2015. http://www.assembly.gov.nt.ca/
24. Interviewed by Ollie Williams. Moose FM - 100.1 CJCD Yellowknife, 13 January, 2015.
23. Interviewed by Robyn Burns. CBC North. Yellowknife, 12 January, 2015. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/researchers-say-n-w-t-permafrost-is-thawing-at-a-dramatic-rate-1.2900813
22. Interviewed by Ollie Williams. Moose FM - 100.1 CJCD Yellowknife, 3 October, 2014.
21. News Article, Dehcho Drum. Scientists study changing landscape: Researchers expanding permafrost studies at Scotty Creek. Thursday, September 4, 2014 p. 6. http://nnsl.com/archive/pdf-archives/
20. insideLaurier (June 2014). Grad students spend three months at remote research site: Research in the Northwest Territories looks at how climate change is affecting the Far North. http://issuu.com/wilfridlaurieruniversity/docs/insidelaurier-april
19. Interviewed by Matt Holmes, Matt Holmes Show. CHML AM 900, Hamilton, 22 April, 2014. Discussion of Earth Day.
18. Opening of the new Centre for Cold Regions and Water Science (October 2013). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2JyVuNZXVE&feature=share&list=UU7RDHgTDfpQKhhVe7Ttt2Cw
17. Quinton radio interview. Host: Leonard Linklater, CBC Whitehorse – radio interview, 23 Oct., 2013. oceanusshareNews and interviewsCBC Radiowolf creek basin WLU project oct-21-2013.mp3 http://www.wlu.ca/docsnpubs_detail.php?grp_id=13495&doc_id=57161
16. Transcript of Minister Miltenberger’s speech to the Legislature on the Laurier-GNWTPartnership (October 22, 2013). http://news.exec.gov.nt.ca/j-michael-miltenberger-update-on-partnership-with-wilfrid-laurier-university/
15. Research@Laurier (October 11, 2013). Researcher feature on: opening of new centre for leading-edge research into cold regions and water science. http://legacy.wlu.ca/news_detail.php?grp_id=0&nws_id=11726
14. Research@Laurier (October 13, 2013). Researcher feature on Canadian Water Network Grant: Laurier researchers receive funding for Water Knowledge Application Network (WatKAN), Quinton, Baltzer, English et al. http://legacy.wlu.ca/news_detail.php?grp_id=0&nws_id=11771
13. News article, Kitchener Record Article, Oct. 5th, 2013. http://www.therecord.com/news-story/4141714-new-laurier-centre-focused-on-water-cold-region-research/
12. Research@Laurier (September 9, 2013). Researcher feature on Quinton: “Research shows permafrost and ecosystems in the subarctic changing quickly”. http://legacy.wlu.ca/docsnpubs_detail.php?grp_id=13495&doc_id=56432
11. Radio Canada International. Feature on Quinton/Baltzer/Sonnentag research at Scotty Creek, NWT. “Research shows permafrost and ecosystems in the subarctic changing quickly” by Marc Montgomery. http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2013/09/09/13345/
10. News Article, Dehcho Drum. Deh Cho muskeg at centre of climate change study, Thursday, September 5, 2013 p. 3.
9. News Article, Dehcho Drum. Country food reassurances offered at Kakisa workshop. Thursday, September 5, 2013 p.4.
8. News Article, Dehcho Drum. Muskeg offers climate clues. Thursday, September 5, 2013 p.7
7. Featured article by journal. Williams, T. W. Quinton and J. Baltzer, 2013. Linear disturbances on discontinuous permafrost: implications for thaw-induced changes to land-cover and drainage patterns. http://environmentalresearchweb.org/cws/article/news/54403
6. CBC North radio interview with Joslyn Osenbrug (The Trailbreaker) July 2012.
5. Research@Laurier (Winter, 2012). Laurier awash in major water research. Researcher feature on northern water research at Laurier. http://legacy.wlu.ca/documents/50074/Research@Laurier_winter_2012_final.pdf
4. CBC-North TV interview with Deneze Nakehk'o (Northbeat), Climate warming in the north. Prince of Wales Northern Heritage Centre (4 October, 2010).
3. Research@Laurier (Summer, 2008). Researcher feature on the Laurier Institute for Water Science: “It’s all about water”. http://legacy.wlu.ca/documents/34317/Research@Laurier_Summer2008.pdf
2. Unlocking the secrets of climate change, by Roxanna Thompson, Northern News Services (13 December, 2007).
1. Problems Ahead for Canada’s Water Supply. The Record (Kitchener), Research File (8 December, 2007).