Working in Canada
Note: All information is subject to change and students should refer to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website for current information.
Working part-time while you’re studying at Laurier helps you to earn extra income, and gain transferable work skills that may assist you in gaining full-time employment after graduation.
As you decide whether you work will part-time, think about the time you need to focus on your courses and complete your homework; your studies must remain your primary purpose for being in Canada.
Who should you contact about working in Canada?
- Social Insurance Number cards
- Work permits requirements during your studies and after
- Permanent residency
Career Development Centre
Career planning discussions
- Job search techniques
- Interview preparation
- Resumé & cover letter reviews
- Interview coaching or practice
- Appointments, workshops and resources