Site Accessibility Statement
Wilfrid Laurier University Leaf
December 18, 2014

Canadian Excellence

Letter of Permission

Study Abroad Opportunities with Letter of Permission

If your university of preference is not one of Laurier Internationalís exchange partners, you may apply to study in that university with a Letter of Permission. For more information please visit the Letter of Permission section of the Record & Registration Departmentís website.

Nonetheless, you should be aware of the differences between obtaining a "Letter of Permission" and participating in the Student Exchange Program at one of our Exchange Partner Universities:


Letter of Permission

Credit-transfer Assessment Fee


An administrative fee will be charged to your student record

Application Process

Through Laurier International


Tuition Fee

Pay WLU fees

Pay International fees


Sent directly to Laurier International from ExchangePartnerUniversity: the grades attained in the courses taken on exchange are recorded on your Laurier transcript as Pass/Fail and as such, do not impact your GPA.

You must request a transcript of final grades to be sent to the Registrarís Office: the grades attained in the courses taken overseas on a Letter of Permission will be included in the cumulative GPA.